Emergency stop switches conform to UL, TUV, ATEX, CE, and CCC
- By reversing the position of the spring, the contact’s relaxed state corresponds to its safety position (when contacts are open, the machine is at a standstill). The spring does not undergo any load once the plunger has been pressed down and as a result, risk of malfunction is significantly reduced, especially when the push-button has been damaged.
- By using ‘safe brake action’ technology, the emergency stop is put in its safety position (contacts open) whenever the ‘On’ button is not properly positioned, has been damaged or is detached. In this position, any risks resulting from poor installation or damage are avoided. “This technology is especially useful in emergency stop switches that are in highly prominent positions or which have a detachable contact block and are more liable to be accidentally damaged,” said component distributor Foremost, which is stocking the switches.
Idec’s XA, X6, XN1E/5E, XN4E, and XW emergency stop switches are fitted with these improvements.
For situations where machine operation must be prevented temporarily, the XN4E series also includes padlock eyelets to lock them in their safety position – several padlocks can be fitted at the same time, allowing several operators to work on different areas of the installation at the same time, without fear that one can restart the machine before the others have finished and removed their padlocks.
“Emergency stop switches are one of the most important components and user controls in almost every piece of equipment used where operators or patients are present,” said Foremost sales director Alan Vincent. “They have to be easy to locate in all conditions and simple and fail-safe to use.”
As well as the ones mentioned above, the distributor is also stocking Idec’s XA, EU2B, FB1W, HW and YW emergency stop switches.
There is a choice of:
- 30, 40 or 60mm plunger diameters
- yellow, red or grey plunger colours
- 16, 22 or 30mm panel cut-outs
- various methods of connection
- twist, pull, both (when required) or key reset
- One to four contacts. with normally-open or normally-closed variants
Idec is a manufacturer of high reliability push buttons, including emergency stop switches conforming to UL, TUV, ATEX, CE and CCC, and DIN rail power supplies.